Objectives of the NS Trucking Safety Association:
- To professionalize the image of the trucking sector through setting appropriate standards for safety and auditing them.
- Provide employers and employees with necessary information to comply with Federal and Provincial Legislation regarding Occupational Health & Safety.
- Reduce accidents and provide a safe workplace.
- Reduce operating costs through sound maintenance and operating procedures for a safe workplace.
- Create a more highly skilled and qualified workforce.
- Reduce Workers’ Compensation Rates.
The Primary Goals are:
- To save lives and reduce the toll of workplace injuries.
- To maintain compliance with regulatory bodies.
- To establish and maintain ownership of an industry managed loss control program.
- To reduce Workers’ Compensation Rates.
- To reduce overall operating costs.